Grants are intended for health care professionals and fellows in cardiac and chronic pain fields to continue their educations. Hospitals and organizations may request funding on behalf of an individual.
- Fellowship grants are for accredited fellowship programs to distribute to fellow recipients of their choice.
- An organization, not an individual, must submit the application. Do not include fellow’s name in the application.
- Abbott does not support multiyear requests; apply annually.
Abbott’s improved fellowship submission process streamlines communications with all our grant recipients. All fellowship grant submissions are due between October 1 and March 1. Applicants will be notified of grants received by April 15. The fellowship application is now closed. If you have any questions, please contact the grants administrator.
- Grand round grants are for hospitals’ grand rounds programs.
- Organizations should submit applications once per event.
- Grants should be used for grand rounds travel and honoraria.
- Abbott does not fund year-long or ongoing non-fellowship educational programs.
- Professional education grants are for independent medical programs that offer continuing education credits for health care professionals, and for professional associations, societies or continuing education providers.
- Organizations may use grants for the continuing education programs or for events such as congresses, conferences and symposia.
- Grants may be used for general conference costs, faculty expenses and most meals and receptions (as allowed by law); grants must not be used for lavish hospitality.
- Attendance for health care professionals in training grants are for qualifying organizations to distribute to recipients of their choice.
- Health care professionals seeking to attend independent medical education programs or to attend board examination preparation courses DO NOT qualify as “professionals in training.”
- An organization, not an intended recipient, must submit the application. Do not include the name of the professional in training in the application.
Apply via one of the application links below. Be prepared to upload one or more of the following:
- Grant purpose
- Amount requested
- Official invitation, program or agenda
- Estimated total budget for the program, activity or event
- W-9 form
Additional documents that you may be required to upload are listed after the relevant link.
Note: Indicate a physical mailing address in your application. P.O. boxes are not acceptable.
Fellowship grants: All fellowship submissions are due between October 1 and March 1. The fellowship application is now closed. If you have any questions, please contact the grants administrator.
Grand Rounds grants
Professional Education grants
Professionals Education Attendance for Health Care Professionals-in-Training
We must receive a complete application, including all required documentation, at least 45 days before the event, activity or program.
Still have a question? Read through our FAQs or contact us.